2022 Helb Undergraduate Loan – The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is is offering Disburse loans, bursaries and scholarships to Kenyan students pursuing higher education in recognized institutions as well as recover loaned out funds, and to establish a revolving fund.
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is a statutory body established in July 1995 by an Act of Parliament Higher Education Loans Board Act’ Cap 213A.It is a state corporation in the Ministry of Education.The Board is domiciled and operates within the republic of Kenya.
Who Is Eligible For HELB Loan
The HELB loan is available to Kenyan students pursuing higher education in recognized institutions.
Is HELB Loan Repayable?
HELB is repayable. The loans are low-interest government backed facilities that are available for Kenyan students pursuing higher education in Kenya and the Eastern Africa region.
Applying for a HELB loan allows students to finance their studies while enjoying low interest rates.
Helb loan repayment plan
HELB have different methods of repaying back your loan in this article we are going to review the “Local Repayment Method”.
Mobilc Payment Services: M-PESA
How to use the M-PESA (Safaricom) Money Transfer:
- Select pay bill option
- Enter HELB business number as 200800
- Enter your national ID number as your account number
- Enter amount you want to pay
- Enter your secret PIN number
- Confirm transaction and send
Note: The transaction reflects in your statement immediately after the transaction.
How to use M-PESA (Safaricom) Money Transfer for Employers:
- Upload the remittance schedule
- Generate the E-Slip
- Go to the M-PESA menu and click on Lipa na M-PESA, then Paybill
- Enter 200800 as the business number
- For the account details, enter the generated E-Slip number as the account number
- Enter your PIN number
- You will receive a confirmation message for payment
Note: The transaction will reflect in the employer statement and posted to individual loanee statements.
The HELB Undergraduate Loan Requirements:
1. Copy of applicant’s National ID.
2. One coloured passport size photograph of the applicant.
3. Copy of applicant’s university admission letter.
4. Copy of applicant’s bank ATM card for KUCCPS students.
5. Copies of parents’ IDs or death certificate if deceased, KRA pin where applicable, and retirement/retrenchment letter if parent is no longer working.
6. Latest parents’ payment slip if employed.
7. Copies of guarantor’s IDs.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should visit the 2022 Helb Undergraduate Loan Application Portal to apply.
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.
kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and WhatsApp share buttons below share Thanks.
Also, Click on the link to join our Facebook Page https://web.facebook.com/Soundcityupload