Apply now for the University of Cambridge Bill Gates Scholarship Grants 2021/2022. The Scholarship Scheme is a Fully Funded programme aimed at supporting those talented students who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree coursework at the university in the UK. Visit the Official website for further details Visit the Official website for further details.
Course Level for the Scholarship
The University of Cambridge Bill Gates Scholarship Grants 2021/2022 is available for a full time postgraduate degree program for any students in any field of study.
PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course in any subject offered at the University.
Courses that are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree course
They award about 80 scholarships to successful students each year.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- A citizen of any country outside the home country that is this opportunity is exclusively open to international students
- Then must be applying to undertake one of the following full time residential courses of study: PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge, including tuition fees, maintenance allowance, travel costs, visa, etc. It also provides extra discretionary funding, such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork.
How the Funding for the Bill Gates Scholarship Works
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional discretionary funding.
- The University Composition Fee at the rate
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,848 for 12 months at the 2021-22 rate; proportionally for courses shorter than 12 months)–for PhD scholars, the award is for up to 4 years
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
The University Composition Fee varies for different students; applicants should check the Graduate studies prospectus for full details about precise amounts. Where a student from the European Union has been successful in gaining a fees award from public authorities, they must accept this and the Trust will not pay these fees.
However, the Trust also considers applications for different types of additional funding discretionarily:
- Academic development funding–from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance–up to £10,120 for one child and up to £14,440 for two or more children (2021-22 rate). Funding is not provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork–you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance stipend while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding–should you require it. Also, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time.
- Hardship funding–for unforeseen difficulties.
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
Application Deadline: There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines: October 13, 2021 (for US citizens resident in the USA) and early December 2021 or early January 2022, depending on the course (for all other eligible applicants).
Interested applicants are required to apply for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) through the University’s Graduate Application Portal
Please kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and WhatsApp share buttons below share Thanks.
Also, Click on the link to join our Facebook Page https://web.facebook.com/Soundcityupload