Tell a friend to tell a friend Cyber Girls Fellowship Programme 3.0 application is live. After 2 successful cohorts across 7 African Countries, Africa’s biggest female-focused novice-to-professional, free cybersecurity training, mentorship, and placement program, the CyberGirls Fellowship is back for a bigger & more diverse 3rd cohort.
CyberGirls Fellowship is a free 1-year program that equips girls and women aged 18 – 28 years old with globally sought-after cybersecurity skills, positioning them to start a career in cybersecurity and helping them to seize work opportunities within Africa and across the world.
During the one-year duration of this fellowship, you will be given hands-on cybersecurity training, and mentorship, become certification-ready, and possibly get paid internship/job shadowing opportunities.
This initiative aims to improve the socio-economic well-being of girls and women living in underserved communities in Africa and contribute to fighting poverty & cybercrime, cybersecurity skills shortage, and gender disparity in the tech industry (particularly cybersecurity niche); as well as fighting unemployment/underemployment.
This project is organized by Cybersafe Foundation and funded through sponsorships, partnerships, and financial and in-kind support from well-meaning individuals and organizations.
About Cybersafe Foundation
CyberSafe Foundation is Africa’s leading non-governmental organization in the digital development domain, on a mission to facilitate pockets of changes that ensure inclusive and safe digital access in Africa, especially for the most vulnerable in our society
Open to all African countries, CyberGirls 3.0 is looking to give 1000 girls & women the opportunity to gain globally sought-after cybersecurity skills.
Are you willing to dedicate yourself to this intensive one-year fellowship? Hurry up and apply now, applications fill up fast.
- A Female aged 18 – 28 years old as of the commencement of the fellowship – 24th March 2023
- From and resident in an African country and passionate about (starting a career in) cybersecurity
- Proficient in English and have completed High school/Secondary school
- Can withstand the pressures of an intensive hands-on technical training
- Have access to the internet and are willing to devote fully to 7 months of intensive training
- Not participating in a Cybersafe Foundation Program as of application close – 4th December 2022
The learning journey begins with cybersecurity fundamentals and moves on to more specialised niche cybersecurity learning paths which fellows will decide on midway through the fellowship.
- Threat Intelligence
- Vulnerability and Assessment Penetration Testing
- Governance Risk and Compliance
- Cloud Security
- Incidence Analysis/Response (SOC Analyst Level 1)
Application Deadline: December 4, 2022
Interested applicants should visit the Cyber Girls Fellowship Programme Application Portal to apply.
See Official publication below
Join the conversation>>>> Whatsapp Group 1
Share this with at least three people who you think can benefit from it.
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.