Open Call for Applications – Entrepreneurial Scholar University of Queensland PhD Top-up Scholarship 2022-2023. The top-up scholarship features a range of professional development activities to develop research graduate attributes.
The University of Queensland is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions ranks in the top 50 as measured by the Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities. The University also ranks 46 in the QS World University Rankings, 42 in the US News Best Global Universities Rankings, 66 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and 54 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
This is an Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN) Entrepreneurial PhD top-up scholarship for outstanding students with a view to support their career development and industry readiness. Top 10 Government Scholarships 2022 For International Students | Fully Funded
The top-up scholarship features a range of professional development activities to develop research graduate attributes, particularly focusing on entrepreneurship and research commercialisation. These include:
- the Liveris Academy Program
- specialised courses in creativity and design thinking, entrepreneurial leadership, strategic management, and research commercialisation
- UQ Ventures programs; and
- a 3-month industry placement to learn the business of research translation.
Successful candidates will also complete UQ’s Career Development Framework throughout the course of their PhD, with completion of the program qualifying them for a six-month scholarship extension (maximum of four years). The top-up scholarship will recognise the additional requirements for completing the professional development activities, including an industry placement.
You are eligible if you:
- meet the entry requirements for a higher degree by research
- have been awarded a Graduate School Scholarshipor an Earmarked Scholarship to support a Category 1 project grant.
- Be enrolled with the Australian Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (Principal Advisor must be an AIBN academic)
- have sought endorsement from your future Principal Advisor to apply for the top-up scholarship.
Please note: students who have previously applied for this top-up scholarship cannot apply again.
The Entrepreneurial Scholar Selection criteria
Applications will be judged on a competitive basis taking into account your:
- previous academic record,
- publication record,
- honours and awards,
- employment history, and
- criteria addressed in the motivational statement.
The following criteria must be addressed in the motivational statement:
- motivation/s for pursuing the UQ Entrepreneurial PhD Top-up Scholarship in addition to PhD study.
- evidence of personal qualities and experiences including –
- leadership potential, community service and/or engagement
- demonstrated capacity and willingness to actively participate in, and positively contribute to, co-curricular activities at UQ
- demonstrated capacity and willingness to overcome challenges.
- demonstrated understanding of how the UQ Entrepreneurial PhD Top-up Scholarship and associated activities will contribute to your career development.
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future success at UQ and in their subsequent career.
Application Deadline: 31 May 2022
Interested applicants should visit the Entrepreneurial Scholar University of Queensland PhD Top-up Scholarship application Portal to apply.
For more information visit https://www.uq.edu.au/
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.
kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and WhatsApp share buttons below share Thanks.
Also, Click on the link to join our Facebook Page https://web.facebook.com/Soundcityupload