Apply now for the JADS Program 2021/2022 for African Graduate Students. the JADS program seeks to promote inter-university collaboration and university-industry partnerships between Japan and Africa. Upon completion of their studies, the JADS scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills in the public and private sectors and contribute to national and continental socio-economic development.
The Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program is a capacity-building project by the AfDB and Japan which was initiated in 2017 with the aim of providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in selected priority development areas on the continent and Japan. The overarching goal the AfDB and the Government of Japan seek to attain is to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa is under the Bank’s High 5s agenda (i.e. “Feed Africa”, “Light up Africa”, “Industrialize Africa”, “Integrate Africa” and “Improve the quality of life of the people of Africa”) and key Japanese development assistance initiatives. JADS core areas of study focus include energy, agriculture, health, environmental sustainability, and engineering.
About the JADS program
The JADS Program is open to applicants from AfDB member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related discipline. The program does not provide scholarships to any other graduate degree program.
The JADS Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of the study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for research and thesis preparation. In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship. Note all JADS scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The JADS Scholarship does not cover:
- VISA application(s) costs
- Expenses to bring and/or support scholar’s family members;
- Extra-curricular courses or training;
- Language training not provided by the graduate program;
- Additional travel during the course of the study program;
- Expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational equipment such as computers.
JADS Program 2021 Eligibility
- Be a national of a AfDB member country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 year prior to the application deadline date;
- Have 1 year or more of recent development-related experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Be accepted unconditionally to enrol in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree;
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his or her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- JADS does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
JADS Program 2021 Application Process:
- Applicant requests for information and application forms and procedures from the chosen JADS partner university. For any inquiries, contact JADS@AFDB.ORG
- Applicant completes required documents and sends them to the university.
- University evaluates and selects applicants.
- University sends selected candidates to the AfDB.
- AfDB reviews submissions from universities prepares and approves the final list.
- AfDB contacts selected awardees and inform the universities.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and WhatsApp share buttons below share Thanks.
Also, Click on the link to join our Facebook Page https://web.facebook.com/Soundcityupload