Open call for applications – MOPGA 2023 Scholarship Program. The MOPGA 2023 Visiting Fellowship Program for Young Researchers will support researchers working on climate change issues. 40 scholarships will be awarded to successful young researchers over a 12-month period starting in September 2023.
This sixth Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) call for applications is intended to welcome 40 young researchers wishing to carry out their research in France. The program is funded by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research, and implemented by Campus France.
Foreign researchers who fulfil the following conditions can apply:
- having a doctoral degree for less than 5 years
- being exclusively of foreign nationality
- not have resided in France after September 1st 2022 (for more than 90 days)
This fellowship includes the following benefits :
- Monthly allowance of 2,500 euros
- Moving allowance of 500 euros
- Support for social security coverage
- Support for health insurance
Five broad research themes are eligible:
- Earth systems
- Climate change and sustainability
- Energy transition
- Societal challenges of environmental issues
- Human, animal and ecosystem health as part as a « One Health » approach.
A research stay convention with the host institution will be established between the institutions and the laureates and will detail specifically the means made available by the laboratory so that the researcher can carry out the research project.
Research Project Title
Abstract of the Research Project (2,000 char. max.)
Context and Motivation (2,000 char. max.)
Scientific Objectives (2,000 char. max.)
Methodology and Timeline (4,500 char. max.)
Project position in relation to the MOPGA scientific domain (2,000 char. max.)
Collaborations and / or impacts for the candidate’s country of residence in relation to the research project proposal (2,000 characters max.)
- CV including the list of your publications in English (4 pages max)
- PhD Diploma (or certificate of PhD diploma)
- CV of your research supervisor in the French host institution (2 pages max)
- Letter of support from the French host institution
- Letters of recommendation (3 max)
- Passport or proof of ID
- October 12th 2022: Application period opens
- January 16th 2023: Application period ends
- End of June 2023 : Notification of the results
- Between September 2023 and December 2023 (at the latest): Arrival in France and start of the fellowship
Interested applicants should visit the MOPGA 2023 Scholarship Program Application Portal to apply.
Join the conversation>>>> Whatsapp Group 1
Share this with at least three people who you think can benefit from it.
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.