Commonwealth Recruitment Application – We have an outstanding opportunity in our Corporate Business Division for a Management Accountant who will lead our Management Accounting team in providing commercially astute, timely and value-added services to the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Commonwealth Recruitment Application, Available Job Positions:
1. Management Accountant
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 54 member governments and provides guidance on policy making, technical assistance and advisory services to Commonwealth member countries. We support governments to help achieve sustainable, inclusive and equitable development.
The successful candidate will prepare accurate, meaningful, and timely monthly management accounts, with the aim of providing insightful comments to assist Senior Management in making well-informed decisions. They will also support the Head of Finance in the implementation of Secretariat strategies and policies.
Other responsibilities entailed in this role include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing the Secretariat’s budgets, forecasts and longer-term financial plans. The post-holder will be responsible for the upload and maintenance of budgets into the accounting information system, including virements;
- Holding regular consultative meetings with Secretariat Directorates and Divisions and/or their representative(s) to obtain a greater understanding of budgetary variances and corrective action plans;
- Advising on financial plans, performance, accounting principles, policies and processes, and providing recommendations on the basis of the analysis of management information. The post-holder will also participate in decision-making processes as required;
- Assisting with internal and external audits by carrying out the required preparatory and analytical work. Assisting with the timely implementation of external and internal audit recommendations;
- Promoting sound financial management by ensuring adherence and compliance with the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
To be considered you must be a professionally qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA, or equivalent) who must be able to demonstrate ongoing professional development. Candidates must also have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial leadership and management, gained since attaining their professional qualification. At least three years’ experience in Business Partnering is required, and candidates must be skilled in managing staff and delivering results to tight deadlines.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter. View job– Management Accountant
2. Programme Assistant (Temporary)
3. Senior Communications Officer
4. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Please leave your questions in the comment section below.
kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and WhatsApp share buttons below share Thanks.
Also, Click on the link to join our Facebook Page https://web.facebook.com/Soundcityupload